Sunday, May 6, 2007

Day 26 - 5/6/07

I finally came up with another Food entry for this week!

I'm making a jell0 salad today. I don't really consider it a salad, but that's the name of it. It's called "Ribbon Salad" and it's one of my grandma's recipes that all of her grandkids love. I don't know if DH likes it or not - he doesn't remember ever having tried it. I've been wanting to make it for a while now, so if he doesn't like it, I'll just take some in to work to share. I don't mind.

This is the cookbook that the recipe is in. Several years ago the Ladies Society at my Grandma's church put together a cookbook. All of the ladies submitted recipes and they got them organized and bound into a cookbook, which they then sold as a fundraiser. Grandma got all of her grandchildren one of these cookbooks as part of our Christmas gifts that year. The cover actually shows a drawing of the church as it is now, and the smaller drawing is the church the way it looked when it was founded. That original building still exists; it is across the street from the current building.

4 comments:

Heather said...

What a special gift! I know I treasure my grandma's recipes! So, what did DH think of the salad?

Karla said...

There is nothing better than a good 'ole church cookbook! They are the best. How was the jello salad?

Karla said...

There is nothing better than a good 'ole church cookbook! They are the best. How was the jello salad?

Jess said...

What a great gift! I agree with Karla--my favorite cookbooks are the church cookbooks!