Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Day 28 - 5/8/07

My Ribbon Salad

This is the Jell-O salad I was making the other day. The top two layers didn't come out quite the way I would have hoped, because the topmost white layer was thicker than it ought to be and didn't spread out as nicely.

All in all, it came out very well. DH is looking forward to having it for dessert tonight, and it makes so much that I will have plenty to take and share around some at work, too.

I don't know why it looks like there is an extra white layer on top in the first photo - the top layer is red Jell-O, as you can see by the other photo below. Maybe it's just a reflection - I set it near a window, hoping for the light to go through the Jell-O and show off the colors in the layers. I also notice in the below picture that the window is very well reflected, and I can see the shadows of the things sitting on the sill - never thought of that while I was picking a location to shoot the photo!


This is a very summery salad, but does not hold up well in the heat. My sister made it for our family reunion last year and hers kinda fell apart in the heat, despite being nestled into a tub of ice. I told her I had made it, and she is now thinking of making a special trip over here to visit, just so she can have some.

No comments: