Saturday, May 12, 2007

Day 32 - 5/12/07

Teddy Bear Day

These are my Build-A-Bear bears. Both of them are charity bears, which means that a portion of their purchase price went to charity. The purple one is for children's cancer, and the brown one is for children's health & wellness. There is another one I want that supports children's literacy. Can you tell I have a soft spot for children's causes?


The first photo was taken without flash with the A setting - I had lights turned on all around to get as much light as possible, and set up a stand
with a couple of boxes (one from our griddle, the other our Scattergories game) plus used the timer, since this setting caused the camera to go through a capturing process that I just could not hold still long enough for.
The below photo I used the flash for. Still on the stand (for comparison purposes I wanted the same angle on both shots). I really can't decide which I like better. Both have their merits. I think the flash photo shows truer colors, but I really prefer the lighting in the non-flash photo.

6 comments:

jessstephkylesmom said...

I do kinda like the coloring with the flash shot.

Anonymous said...

I think I like the first photo better myself.

Erica said...

I like the coloring on the non flash picture as well. I have to laugh...I actually thought hte white bear was out of focus...then I realized just how fuzzy that little guy was...he must be so soft!!!!

Rachel said...

I think I like the lighting in the first shot best, although I agree, both have their merits. LOL..I thought the same as Erica about the white bear being out of focus...until I looked better!

Sara said...

Yes, very fuzzy and soft! Tricky to find the eyes on that one sometimes.

Maggie said...

ooooh love the bears!